Still from the video
I saw a looped clipart video of a sunset over a calm harbor a few weeks ago in a bar and based on a blurry photo of that and vague memories of it I rebuilt the scene in Blender.
The cars are from the Traffiq humble bundle from a few years back, plants are also from the humble bundle deal. The people and their motion is from the excellent PeopleGoingPlaces geometry node on Gumroad.
Building the scene went pretty quick, but tweaking the light, wave motion and various small animations took several evenings.
The original loop segment is 24 seconds long (600 frames) and I used a soft crossfade in iMovie to stitch it into a endless loop - it’s not completely seamless as some of the people suddenly fade away, but close enough.
The original clipart video was most likely the sunset at Ala Moana Beach Park in Waikiki, but this scene is made from memory, so it’s not super accurate.
Link to the YouTube 1-hour long loop:
