Trying out some chocolate materials :)!

Was a while since I posted anything here, so I offer you some sweets in compensation for my lack of images ;).
Blender 2.83/2.9, cycles. Everything except the cloth on the table is procedural material.
Hope you like it :D!

56 Likes

Awesome shaders👌
Would love to see the nodes of gummy’s and the chocolate.

Nice!

There are a lot of variations of course on the chocolate, but the main settings are the same.
Here is an example for like 20% chocolate (light brown). Smaller than you might imagine, but contains both scratches and small air bubbles on the chocolate :).

2 Likes

Super, Thx :+1:

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thank you :)!
You will make a lot of people crave for candy now ;).

2 Likes

I certainly do :slight_smile:

You’re #featured! :tada:

1 Like

The chocolate is really impressive, it is one material that is a lot harder to pull off than one would first think. Well done!

nice work and textures as always joakim!

1 Like

Great work! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! Yes, it has a certain look…but with the use of “clearcoat” on the principle shader it got the right appearance. I did not even have to use subsurface scattering on it :).

1 Like

Great render. The lighting really is realistic here, and the materials are convincing, especially for procedural shaders it worked out well. I’d like to see just a hint of imperfection in the metal and glass shader though. Just a few tiny bumps or maybe a fingerprint here or there. Even in the most polished photo, there’s typically some evidence of human tampering.