Trying to keymap Transformation Orientation stuff to F1, F2, F3... Help!

Yo! I am desperately trying to keymap Transformation Orientation stuff to F1, F2, F3… to no avail. I even removed what was there for F1 (online manual) and F2 (rename object) and tried again to bind these to Global and Local. It occurred to me that since I never ever use F-keys (except F12 of course) in Blender, I might as well bind some crap to them… and the first thing I thought of was the ability very quickly switch between Global and Local transformation orientation especially, but ideally I’d have them all in there as F-keys… But for inexplicable reasons, I simply cannot get these motherf***ing things to bind together. I have been trying to right-click on them and Change Shortcut, since I have not yet found them in the Prefs Keymap… Please. I beg. Someone help…

Oh wow! I wasn’t expecting it to be such a production!.. But I will do this nonetheless! Thank you so very, very much Mr. Machin3!!! I’m finding more and more that I need to switch between Global and Local a ton, and this will allow me streamline things fo sho. And even though I have not screwed around with scripting in Blender yet (abandoned LightWave for Blender about a year ago), I shouldn’t have too much trouble with Python, since I’m a seasoned JS programmer that makes WebGL apps and whatnot. This will be a great excuse to start learning some Python.

Also, couldn’t this (ability to quickly switch Transformation Orientation) possibly be something that would be a kickass addition to Machin3Tools? I can’t be alone… must be many others that would effing love this ability…

If you look at MACHIN3tools’s ui/pies.py file, you’ll find a loose todo list at the top. I plan to do a few more pie menus, that are needed in everyday work, but I’m too busy with DECALmachine(and after that MESHmachine) rightn now. Once I have the next releaes for these two out, I will start doing art again, and parallax to that, expand MACHIN3tools further.

If you aren’t a customer yet, I’d certainly appreciate your support :slight_smile: