Trying to understand my errors in archviz, need some help please

Just something that stands out to me is that the cars feel very small compared to the door and the house, which makes them look a bit like toys…

That’s already looking much, MUCH better. I’d say the lighting is about perfect.

The only question is why you’re keeping the camera so far away? Unless you’re dead set on getting the full pool in the shot, there’s no reason not to get closer to the building.

1 Like

@Renzatic You said it, I wanted absolutely the pool in the camera angle, but in the meantime I would have love to zoom in closer to the house. That’s what I call “dumb personnal limitations” :smiley:

I had to leave an architecture forum because people were very annoyed with my questions about why things were designed the way they were. Basically 99% of fancy modern house designs I’ve seen would be a horrible idea for my home town on a small island with extremely wealthy people living 5 minutes away from extremely poor people.

So many places for people to hide and jump out when you go from the house to the car or the car to the house. So many big windows letting everyone see everything worth stealing in most of your house. So many sliding doors. I can’t remember the last time I saw a sliding door with locks that actually worked properly. Sure you might lock the sliding door on the ground floor but it’s so easy to climb up to the top floor and it’s very very likely someone forgot to lock the door up there, especially if it’s tricky to lock and very difficult to confirm that it’s actually locked properly.

1 Like

@Strike_Digital I agree Sir. But as stated before everything is life size and matches real life scale (even the buildings in the foreground). For example the entry door is 110x207,5cm just like most of the entry doors you can buy here in France. At least it was modeled from an existing product.

I know exactly what you’re talking about. You’ve got this one thing you REALLY want in your scene, but to include it, you have to make all these weird compromises, and you’re never totally happy with the results.

I’ve been there and done that. You’re better off making a nice picture, even if you have to sacrifice something you’ve spent a lot of time on.

Having the pool completely in the image doesn’t add much to the shot as a whole. It’s not even the focus of the scene. The house is. As long as some of it is in there to show that, yeah, there’s pool in front of the house, you’re probably alright. Zoom in to get more of the house, and try to experiment with some more dramatic angles instead.

Also, turn on your camera guides. They do help.

1 Like

@thinsoldier Funny you’re pointing out all the little details I try to pay attention too. I “try” uh? The environment, the security of the house, the type of people living it (wealthy so furnitures must be from Cassina, Moroso and so on, poor so they don’t have a 8 feet bronze statue in the middle of their living room…), vegetation type found in which country the scene takes place and so on. I make mistakes, a lot, sure, but these are things I try to understand to be the most accurate possible.

My father was an architect, and it’s quite hard to talk architecture to an architect if you’re not an architect yourself :smiley: So I feel you haha

@Renzatic 100% buddy! I think wether you’re a totally self taught amateur or the biggest 3D god, we can all agree that what matters in the end is the final picture. That’s what we should all focus on. We’re working hard to produce an image and nothing else, so everything should be focused on that. To render the better eye pleasing and correct image in the end. And when you’re an amateur like me it’s sometimes really hard to put your vision and expectations aside.

That’s why I decided to post here and get some help, and judging by your answers, everybody, that was a great decision I made!

1 Like