TurboSquid?

Ok, I have seen some at $45 that look like plastic…
Likethis one.
I didn’t bother to see how many buys it had, I checked it again and I noticed no one rated it.
I don’t know much about that pricing, so I guessed it would be around $350… Lol, it’s actually 40% of a real real one. (They’re around $1000, no, the $4 wall hangers are real swords… They break when you swing them).
I have spent almost all of my time in 3d web pages on open source ones.
So, I decided it’ll be around $10.
3dmedieval: Thanks for the advice.
If I’d sell 800 models, I could get around $1500 a week?

I only make between $40 - $110 (may take) per month, with 500 + assets. It’s a big ocean full of people selling things. I’d also suggest having some low priced items and some high priced items, and some in between. It’s a nice surprise to look at your sales and see that you sold a $50 item. $25 doesn’t sound like much until you see it in your account. And remember - you can sell the same item 10000000 times without ever doing any more work - so - don’t try to recoup all your effort from 1 sale. Make a quality asset, market it well, and be prepared to wait…

You can be successful on Turbosquid, it just takes a while. Remember - the more assets you have published, the more you can make. It’s great motivation sometimes. Also, Turbosquid is a really great off site back-up. There are tons more things you can do - some slimy, some honest, but just get a few things published and you’ll start to learn,

Hey 3dmedieval,

Do you know of any way to find statistics related to searches for Turbosquid items? I’ve been making models solely for Turbosquid as of late, and I’m just trying to figure out what the market wants and is in need of.

Something else to keep in mind to those who over price their items, Turbosquid will from time to time adjust your items price to fit market values. This can occur to under priced items as well. I’ve heard of people selling highly detailed cars for $40 only to have TS change the price to the $140 range.

No idea - You can just do a general search for 3d models on turbosquid, and sort them by most popular etc. That will show you what is selling the best. Topical stuff seems to work as well. A lot of people are doing Arab stuff for the trend in middle eastern war games. I just publish what I make and hope it sells.