Turn pages back and forth in GE with keyboard arrow keys? Edit: (and in python?)

Hey all, I am trying to set up an interactive “brochure” where I can turn the pages one by one with the arrow keys. I have set up each page with an animation and I am able to turn the first page back and forth using logic bricks but I now realize that I have no idea how to set up the bricks to turn the next page and then the next while mapped to just one set of buttons (the arrow keys). Does anyone know how I might set this up?

(What i mean is if I push the right arrow key, it will turn a page each time I press it and if I press the left arrow key it will turn the pages back the other way)

Edit: I would like to know how to do this in python as well since I am trying to learn python. I want it to be exactly like “what name?” gave me but with python instead of logic bricks…

Thanks!!
Zach

I did actually download and look at that and it is not what I am looking for, thanks for the suggestion though! I guess I will have to learn python since I can’t seem to figure out how to do this with logic bricks… :frowning: (not that python is bad, just more complex).

Zach

here is a blend I made of what I think you may want, utilizing an integer property.
pages.blend (450 KB)

This is exactly what I was wanting! I have been trying to figure this out for hours!! I am very grateful and at the same time very mad at you…lol. I actually was doing something very similar but I didn’t take it far enough.

Thanks!!

Zach

Haha no problem man, good luck with what you’re working on.

By the way Monster, your book is pretty cool! It must have taken you a while to plan and program it!

Zach

Ok…it works perfectly. Now I’m curious… How can I do the exact same thing but in python? I am also trying to learn to program python in the bge and i can’t figure it out.

Monster, I know you are really good at this kind of stuff. How can I take what “What Name?” made for me and use python to achieve the same results?

Zach