Turquoise Money Clip

I’m moving, and I found this money clip in the process. So I blended it.

Tell me what you think.

http://img45.exs.cx/img45/531/clip_pp.png

interesting! although i know you are capable of more advanced things! :wink:

Prince maybe comment on this work and not some of his past works.
I like it. Especially the black and blue emblem. Nice work

I’m always impressed with your Texturing Anogarlr. I wish I was half as good at it. I especially dig the material you put on the actual clip. Very nice.

i actually think that the clip could be textured a bit more metalic like.

u make anything look good dude:P. nice work.

gryphon - i am sorry: did i not say “interesting”? %|

i think the image lacks something although it is very original, very well textured, and the lighting is good. the camera angle is okay but could be better.

stop being such a jerk. %|

i wasn’t being a jerk! i didn’t say anything but “interesting” so i wanted to let him know i think he is still a great artist and i hope to one day achieve his quality of work - so lay off and give me a break!

i think the image lacks something although it is very origanal, very well textured, and the lighting is good. the camera angle is okay but could be better.

Not every picture you see is meant to be a scene with a perfect camera angle and such. As he said this was something he found and wanted to model. Not make the worlds best scene of a money clip.

jeese you said that that wasn’t enough so now i post some things to improve and i get flamed again! i really can’t win for losing! give me a break - you know not every image is perfect and in general his are great so he understands that this is just a quick work and that is why i stated in the beginning “you are capable of much better work” cause he is! so leave me alone! if he has an issue to address let him! :wink:

Maybe only post if the work NEEDS criticism?

And do you think that saying something should be “better” will be helpfull?

btw, anogarlr, not the most amazing image, but it’s effective in its realism and simplicity none the less.

Hm. Well I’m flattered, actually. I think Prince was actually quite nice in the preceding posts, so thank you all. I’ve abandoned the money clip, and I’m now playing with the v. 2.34 YafRay integration. Fun stuff. It also seems that YafRay has been greatly accelerated, or perhaps simply having the graphic representation of the rendering process has made me a little less impatient. I hated having to watch a black screen. The caustics are fun. Hey, by the way, what in the world does the “Use QMC” button do? I can’t seem to figure that one out.

Thanks folks.

-Anogarlr.

you should be it’s good work! :wink:

I think Prince was actually quite nice in the preceding posts, so thank you all.

It seems that YafRay has been greatly accelerated, or perhaps simply having the graphic representation of the rendering process has made me a little less impatient. I hated having to watch a black screen.

ya it seems that way for me too! i never had the patients to watch a console run its courses! in fact i sometimes get mad when i just see “Shooting Photons . . .” cause i want to see more of how many have been shot so far type thing cause i want to know how long it is going to take to render and tell whether it is worth it or not! (integrate that next update of yafray!)

The caustics are fun.

you said it! :smiley:

Hey, by the way, what in the world does the “Use QMC” button do? I can’t seem to figure that one out.

i think it has something to do with the smoothing of the blur when there are blotches - try this:

use only the minimum photons and use a small caustic blur with no qmc

then do it again with qmc

in theory (or atleast mine! :stuck_out_tongue: ) i have found it to be blurred more and not so blotchy!

hope that helps! :wink: