[Tutorial Request] Texturing large objects for use in a game.

Hi folks. I hope this is an OK place to ask this.

If you search around online for low poly modeling tutorials, 99.9% of the results are focusing on small game assets or characters.

That’s fine and all, but the texturing and UV process changes drastically when you are dealing with large objects. It’s one thing to unwrap a soda can and bring it into Photoshop to draw textures onto it. It’s another thing to unwrap a football stadium and make use of repeating textures and whatnot while trying to keep resources low for a game.

I’m at my wits end here. I’ve searched, and searched, and searched and I cannot find anything like this.

I found this video a while back that very roughly and very briefly goes over a few design concepts for this sort of thing… it’s exactly what I’m looking for, but it lacks any real instruction. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM-jOx5FmiM

He’s using a lot of different texture channels and at 4:00, he mentions how he uses a “grunge map” to give the house nice unique texture characteristics, but never explains how to do it. I found this part particularly interesting, as it is not something I’ve seen for game art but really added a lot to the look and feel.

So I have a two part question:

1. Can anyone recommend any tutorials that cover the same basic concepts?
  2. If not, would anyone be interested in making anything of the sort?

Thanks