Two questions about text...help please!!!

Two questions:

1. I’m making a game where I need the player to be able to input text. I’ve got it set up like this. It works great and stores strings in the text properties and all that, but nothing happens when I hold down a key! It gets very annoying when you have to keep tapping “Backspace” to erase a line of text.

How do I make it so that when you hold down a key it will continue to input the character?

1. I want to have a blinking text cursor. How do I do that? And control the time between blinks, if you get what I’m saying.

Over 40 views and no replies? Come on, I know someone can help me out here. :slight_smile:

P.S. I think I’m justified to a bump if I’m not mods just PM me so I know.

The blinking cursor can be acheived with an IPO and maybe dLoc or something to move it over on any key press except for backspace (which would move it the other way)

Im not quite sure still how you got the input text but you could put a true pulse on the logic bricks :-?

For a blinking curser you could also have an always sensor with a visible set to on and the frequency set to 3 or however you want and another bunch of logic bricks setup the same way except instead of visible it would be invisible and set the frequency to 2 or a different number then the first one.

Hope I helped, keep blending :slight_smile:

Thanks for the help guys :slight_smile:

Okay so I’ve got the blinking cursor, but how to go about the text input? I’ve tried turning true pulse mode on and all, but it still has the same effect.

Any ideas?