Two weeks to save the world ( and make a game)!

“Oh, so you mean like setup a stage, an audience, get a band? That kind of stuff?”
Yes, more or less “that kind of stuff”!
And its quite hard, specially for a 15 days time limit!

Grrrrr…Failed miserably!
In fifteen days I don’t have saved the world and even worst, don’t have made a game!
But I keep working on it, now the concert hall, an all concrete building:

Keep blending!

Not trying to know it better, or to offend anybody,
but real games have a development time of years, and even minigames (which this is not) need at least 1 or 2 months :confused:

The vision of doing a game in 2 weeks is kind of an impossible one :confused:

You’re a wise person!

Hey OTO,

don’t worry I fail to make my game since years ;). Even after reading your nice tutorials.
Luckily the fragments I completed are reusable for other projects :).

It seems that you concentrate a lot on modelling. Isn’t it?

Monster

PS: Greeting to little OTO :wink:

Hello Monster
thank you for your kind words!

<<It seems that you concentrate a lot on modelling. Isn’t it?>> Yes, its true, but I’ve spend most of the time “organizing the work flow”.
The GLSL technique turns the texture/lighting work more complex ( and longer)!
That’s why, maybe, there’s no tutorials available ( or so few) , about “Level design”.
I’ll try to do one!
Bye

Are you kidding? Have you ever heard of TOJam? Finish a mini game in 3 days?
TOJam

It’s very possible. Although it does depend on what kind of game. You can literally make a game that requires you to hit the spacebar until a counter reaches 10000. And this game seems a little more complicated, so I don’t think you fail :slight_smile:

I still want to see the finished product OTO :smiley:

You can literally make a game that requires you to hit the spacebar until a counter reaches 10000.
No, I’ve already got the commercial rights to that game. And for SpacebarStrike 2, coming out soon. Gotta hit the spacebar 20000 times.

@Linkxgl Based on what OTO showed us, it could still have been a topdown-minigame, but on that quality you wont make it in 3 days, nor 2 weeks.
i know what you mean, but the casual minigames take some more time than 3 days ^^

Grrrrr…now I’m fighting against FPS…I must do an acoustic gig, I guess?!..

Well, keep blending!

Hello
I’m still working on my game ( and struggling with frame count)
One should take care with textures/GLSL settings/assigning …I’ve found that they can slow the game a lot!
A new screenshot:

Bye

What if she plays music that sucks and you have to knock the guitar and mic off the stage with a paintball gun?! Just an idea…

@Jimmyon - In addition to Link’s site, here’s another about making games in just 48 hours - Ludum Dare. This competition apparently is held every year, and this one has had over 250 entries, all made in two days. Perhaps we should try to show them what the BGE could do?’

EDIT: @OTO - I didn’t mean to hijack your thread - sorry. Your game’s coming along pretty well - what’s it going to be about?

Hijack, hijack…no problem at all!
Thank you for the comments and ideas!