Typing in x,y,z co-ords?

I’ve read a few tutorials now, plus the quick-start pdf and most of the knowledge-base, but i cant find this anywhere. Im used to more conventional interfaces (like 3ds max) :smiley: i know they might not be as efficient as Blender but im used to some of their ways:

Co-ordinates: How can i find out an objects actual x,y,z co-ords? When i use the grabber i just get the delta values at the bottom of the window (Dx Dy Dz). And how can i enter (type in) actual co-ordinates with the keyboard? in max for example, i could just type the x,y,z values into the boxes and the object/point would be moved there. Yes, i know i can move things with the mouse or arrow keys, and there are grid snap and grid spacing options, and you can even make control more sensitive, but is there any way to type in values or even read the actual values?

Maybe im missing the point of the GUI? could anyone help me out? Also this applies to rotation - again i can only see a delta angle at the bottom and i cant type anything in. and possibly scaling too.

On another note, there arn’t many options to change on the noise function for textures, like size and noise type, is this a to-do? :slight_smile:

Apart from that, Blender looks very impressive! i’m glad to see it will get continued developement

In edit mode, select a vert and press “n”. This will give you the XYZ of the individual vert. You can then change it in the pop-up window. This also works out of edit mode fo rpositioning the object. Not sure if you can scale it.

BgDM

Excellent!, thanks
That’s the fastest answer I’ve ever got on any forum :slight_smile:

actually, 9 minutes is a slow reply here :stuck_out_tongue:

There are some other trick when positioning or rotating an object. Holding control make the object moves in big steps, Ctrl-Shift is small steps, and Shift is even smaller steps (albeit not “normal” steps).

Pressing the middle mouse button constrant the motion to an axis.

Pressing X, Y or Z while rotating contrant the rotation to one of the global axis, pressing it twice constrants to the local axis (only in 2.25).

Pressing X, Y while scaling flip the object on the X or Y axis of the viewport.

cheers,
Martin