Tyrannosaurus foot - 3D printed scale model

Now that I’ve got some photos sorted I’ve finally started putting my new Tyrannosaurus collection on Shapeways.

This T. rex foot is the first item, modelled and sculpted entirely in Blender 2.78 and 2.79. It’s the result of the work shown in this thread-

If you followed the W.I.P, you’ll be aware it’s part of a larger collection of 3D printed models. Initially only the skull and foot are ready. This weekend I’m preparing the neck/skull and dual-detail versions which I hope to roll out over the next few days.

Had an busy evening yesterday sizing the 7 scale versions for the skull and foot. There’s sometimes a bit of tweaking required to get the smaller scales past Shapeways checks.

I’ve probably held on to this far too long but I really wanted to have actual photos (not 3D renders) before I put this out on Shapeways. As always Russell at Mushroom Imaging did an excellent job getting some good angles and capturing fine details.

Shapeways link here

The model is available in 7 scale though the example shown is 1:20 scale. It’s brush painted with artist’s acrylic and lightly sprayed with a compatible gloss varnish for protection. Display stands are fashioned from perspex and 2mm piano wire.

More stuff coming soon

3 Likes