Um...what happened to the old loop select?

I’ve been gone for awhile and I just realized that the hotkeys for the edgeloop select and face select have been change (or something.) So what happened? Why do alt-BKEY and shift-RKEY no longer do what they used to? And does anyone find the new SHIFT-ALT-RMB way of edgeloop selection to be way worse than the original way?

I guess they ran out of hotkeys and shuffled around, what’s the problem with that? just learn it :wink:

and also…what is so hard to use? ALT+RMB works well for me.

But why they remove the preview of edge select ?

Also, ALT-RMB don’t work on Linux like Ubuntu. At least we have a workaround for that.

well…easy to fix…go into “Window” options and replace modifierkey from ALT to Meta (Win-key) and you are all set :slight_smile: I have it like that…and running Ubuntu as well…no problems!

well…easy to fix…go into “Window” options and replace modifierkey from ALT to Meta (Win-key) and you are all set :slight_smile: I have it like that…and running Ubuntu as well…no problems![/quote]

Thanks a lot. :smiley:

It’s not the change in keys that bothers me. It’s the removal of the preview. The selection isn’t as interactive as it was before.

I think the same:

http://www.blender.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6897

Yes. Me too. Unfortunately the solution to the problem was ignored and until one of us who actually cares has the time to fix the code we’re stuck with the current ‘preview-less’ version of loop select.

(The correct, and loudly voiced, solution to the problem is to make it an option, since there are those that hate the preview. Knowing something about UI design and implementations I can confidently say that the choice to preview or not on loop select is as simple an option to implement as can be.)