Undeserved Gift

On the first Christmas, we were given a priceless gift that no one could ever deserve. We can do our best to reciprocate by helping those in need, regardless of whether they earned it or not.

Rendered in Cycles with post pro in Gimp.

Merry Christmas!
Jonathan

Awesome! Very meaningful!

Great job Jonathan!
How did you get the snow on everything? Particle system?

PS. Love your tutorials as well.

very nice work, and such a strong message
Btw you have great tutorials :slight_smile:

This is fantastic! You did a great job with this picture and story. The hat looks especially cool to me with the really bright highlights. How did you get that result?

you finished :slight_smile: Looks good. I get the story now :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks guys!

How did you get the snow on everything? Particle system?

Not this time. I used actual mesh for the piles, textures for the snow on the presents, then added the rest of the detail in compositing/post pro.

The hat looks especially cool to me with the really bright highlights. How did you get that result?

careful lighting :slight_smile:

PS. Love your tutorials as well.

Btw you have great tutorials :slight_smile:

Thanks, I’m glad they’re helpful!

Amazing, what did you use for the glass? And did you use a camera ray or something to avoid light refraction?

Nice work, good message!

Great Image, love the christian message!

Great job, I like the reflective materials, the detail and the meaning too.

Thanks all!

Amazing, what did you use for the glass? And did you use a camera ray or something to avoid light refraction?

I actually “cheated” a lot on the glass material. I would have liked to spend more time on it since it’s far from perfect, but this is what it is:

The top texture is the “reflection” and the bottom is the frost. Since you cant even see all the detail due to the DOF, this saved me a good amount of render time.

I found myself in a particularly trying situation today and I want to thank you for making this inspiring post that helped to remind me who I am.