Unity, Autodesk announce work on a full integration between their apps.

Are you sure? EU law states that EULA’s which break local law are not binding, but reverse engineering is a different topic.

Just because you don’t like say, a license agreement, a law, a local ordinance, ect… doesn’t mean you can exempt yourself from following it.

Take traffic laws for example, too many people think they don’t have to obey them because they don’t like having to slow down (and people get killed in the process). Sure, people won’t be killed off from a EULA violation, but there is absolutely no reason to try to force the .fbx code into the world of Open Source when there’s already a rising crop of genuinely open formats (bonus, you avoid getting sued out of house and home by Autodesk).

Of course, even if open formats didn’t exist right now, you still shouldn’t try to turn .fbx into an open format (considering the ease of which a new, potentially open format can apparently come about these days)

Just because you don’t like say, a license agreement, a law, a local ordinance, ect… doesn’t mean you can exempt yourself from following it.

Of course i can and i do, its called civil disobedience.
“If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so.”

But i agree that it is difficult to apply to license laws. Philosophically i disagree, practically i don’t.

…there is absolutely no reason to try to force the .fbx code into the world of Open Source…

Its already in Blender, i don’t understand what you are saying.

…People won’t be killed off from a EULA violation…

DcVertice argued that these kind of EULA’s are not valid in the EU. While i have some doubts about that, if its true, there is no break of the Law. Last time i checked the BF is located right in the middle of the EU.

By that argument, no laws, etc. would ever apply to anyone.

Sure there’s a few quotes which sound nice but go ahead, try using it in court and see where it gets you.

Bullshit, i was referring to unjust laws, not to any law, also i wasn’t talking about court and judges, but mostly about moral and practicability.
If i would vape weed at home (which is illegal where i live), there is no victim, there is no accuser and there is no judge.
I know that the law is wrong because it is based on ideology, wrong scientific “facts” aka propaganda because of an industrial conspiracy.

The fact that millions of people do not abide by that law and push against it, Scientists included, is the sole reason why the law is changing in some countries and it is a perfect example for civil disobedience.

Would that help me in front of a court? I don’t know tbh, it depends on the judge. Fact is that judges, police and doctors urge politicians to change the law, but these corrupt idiots in my country don’t want to. I wonder why?

Hey folks. Let’s try to keep the politics out of this discussion. Unity and Autodesk are working together under the terms of their own agreements. Blender developers will not have access to those results and will have to keep doing what they’ve already been doing.

If there’s not much more to say than that, let’s leave it.

All that needs to happen is for someone to write OpenGEX 2.0 importer for UE4 (Blender already has export plugin).