Until That Day

Hey guys, just thought I’d post this, my latest finished project. Of I’m disappointed that I didn’t do that well in the competition, but hey its all about learning right!

Here’s the high res.

I’ve been following this in WIP; It has been very interesting to watch it evolve.

I really like the spirit leaving the body.

I don’t think you should be disappointed at all, the BlenderGuru competitions is as much about Andrews taste than competing against other artists. I think Andrew is an amazing artist and teacher but I generally do not agree with his taste in ‘art’. :slight_smile:

(and there also was a LOT of entrys this time)

I watched the progress of this image as well during the WIP stage and think you did very well. Also agree with Farmfield 100% ^

Thanks for the encouragement guys!

the BlenderGuru competitions is as much about Andrews taste than competing against other artists

True, but I just want to point out that art IS opinion, so of course people won’t agree with which “art” is better.

Anyway, I will try again next time for sure!

This is amazing!

is that all blender? Or just the spirit things…

Its all done in blender:yes:

I remember seeing the WIP post for this and being bummed that I was sure to lose the contest. I was also pretty shocked that this piece didn’t get any kind of mention. The details in the room are absolutely perfect. Lighting, mood, it’s all fantastic. Great job. Contest aside, this is a great piece of art, and a great showcase of what Blender can do.