UPBGE 0.3 flickering when played in EEVEE render engine

If I press P in UPBGE (usually an empty scene or a scene with minimal objects), the viewport will start flickering, and this can be like crazy. I don’t have any problems with my iMac’s GPU at all, yet this seems exclusive to EEVEE.

This has really annoyed me the past few days, and I am wondering if this is a bug. 2.79 did flicker, but it wasn’t like this, it was more the viewport elements that flickered like the header. The version I use is 0.35 Alpha.

I bet this may be due to the built-in rasterizer in UPBGE. The flickering is like a CRT, as those kinds of screens used to flicker like crazy.

My iMac also supports Metal, which would in turn mean that in the next version of UPBGE, I will be able to utilise EEVEE Next, which I hope does not do this dreaded flickering.

are you talking about outside the viewport window of the active player?

Its the active player. Just open a new scene/file with no objects or minimal objects (preferably grey), and push P. The active player should start to flicker.

It flickers for me when I use AO, especially when objects are spawned in or removed. I think it has to do with lighting calculations. With a grey scene though, you shouldn’t see flickering. Is something in your logic set to loop/repeat every X frames? If it is a truly blank scene with a camera, something is up with your install or your gpu. Make sure you aren’t running multiple instances of Blender. Try messing with your gpu settings in Edit>Preferences. If you have multiple monitors running multiple gpu’s this can sometimes cause issues as well.

I turned on Use Framerate and weirdly, the flickering stopped!
It must be a frame sync issue/logic sync issue. This must be a bug, as UPBGE is not meant to flicker if Use Framerate is off.