Upbge 3.0 eevee download / can't edit mesh

I’m trying to work on my ArchViz project and I downloaded UPBGE 3.0 but then I noticed it was blender 2.9 based, isn’t there a 2.8 version of it?

In the UPBGE 3.0 EEVEE / 2.9 based, I can’t edit my meshes in edit mode. I try to select face, edge and vertex but it doesn’t work properly. Times it works, it selects a different vertex, edge or face. I even tried using the border selection but got the same problem. I have to do whatever modification on the mesh in Blender 2.83.0 (the version I’m using now). Then I link it in the UPBGE 3.0 EEVEE. It’s quite frustrating honestly. I assumed it is because of the version of UPBGE that I’m using since it is not stable. So I wonder if getting an UPBGE 3.0 EEVEE / 2.80 will solve the issue or getting the stable build which is the UPBGE 2.5v.

There’s a MEGA folder with older builds, but they’re not labeled by Blender version, just OS and date. Here, https://mega.nz/folder/k9MW1KiZ#UOKzjh3IQ0GEgjQ6GUc7ug/folder/YsshHCha

I can’t get much out of Blender past 2.79 with the hardware I have, lots of crashes even on the BF release. So there’s not much I can say for stability, specially with the earlier builds. And 0.2.5 doesn’t have Eevee so if the old renderer isn’t your thing it might not be of much use.

What’s BF?

Blender Foundation

Hi, It seems a blend corrupt.

Did you try to append all the object in a new blend?

Even when I start UPBGE and try to edit the default cube, it still doesnt work properly. I have to edit my meshes in Blender 2.83 then append it in UPBGE but then I can only perform functions available in object mode but not edit mode.

it sounds like a GPU issue and maybe a bug from ‘Master’ (blender 2.9x development)

the gpu is used for many picking operations in blener

It is strange as i can perform these operationd without any issue in my 3 computers (nvidia and intel). Could you download last build and try again?

I’ll check to see if there is another build but I feel like I’ve got the latest build for UPBGE Eevee. It was released 2020—07—17

Are you on Mac?

No, I use Windows

There is a new build https://mega.nz/file/ZoVUVagZ#8jf0_bz8v1msHr83bzaBSeBss7tUBX6tfnKPrvF_SfU

Thanks, I downloaded the new build is working okay now

2 Likes