Upcoming Video Tutorial: transfer entire Mixamo library to editable rigify blend

I think, the first video we all would like to see as soon as possible should be about what we should start to download from mixamo while it’s still available. Should we download all the animations with the bot character? There at least 4 different rigs depending on the character selected for download. Also animation is slightly different for every single character. And some of them couldn’t be easily copied one to another as action strips. Or even maybe have different number of neck bones (I’m not sure about this to be honest. But as far as I remember some of them have). Should we download skeleton only? Is there any difference in animations if we download skeleton only compared to a skinned version? As far as I remember there is.

1 Like

Hey Simon, my brain is yours to pick but I am afraid I can’t say much about retargeting (which is what you’re talking about if I am not mistaken). I’ll PM you

Definitely keep releasing whatever you can to keep the series going.
I’d even say that you should release your “hackerish” approach. Just explain that you’re also working on a more streamlined workflow. That way people will at least have some way of doing things and maybe you can get the attention of someone who knows of a good solution.

1 Like

Hey Guys, I want to give everyone an update to explain my lack of updates.

A loved one is in hospital, and it requires all my free time aside from my main job to ensure she gets the best care possible. She’s going through a really hard time, so I’ve been busy. But on the positive side of things, I have been speaking to someone who worked at dreamworks who Toshi referred me to. He had a lot of interesting thoughts on this.

But Yeah I kind of agree with you guys. I might just need to power through it when I have spare time.

-S

1 Like

Oh man, sorry to hear your loved one is in hospital :frowning_face:
Looking forward to the future videos but take your time and take care of your friend!

1 Like

IT IS DONE.

Here’s a link to the entire playlist.

Mixamo & Rigify - Part 0: Introduction. - YouTube

The entire thing is done essentially but maybe needs some fixes.

Everyone feel free to provide feedback. I’m looking to increase the volume in part 2 and 3. Also to decrease the length of the intro.

-S

4 Likes

Great to see that you finished it. I’ll share it around.

3 Likes

Thanks Toshi :slight_smile: Speaking of which, I had a request for a user to show how animations could be mixed together in layers using the NLA editor. I guess this is the same as most Rigify NLA stuff.

Is this already covered enough with your NLA videos? any in particular you’d recommend i share for that kind of request?

I’m addressing mixing mocap in the NLA in my next video, but here are other helpful videos explaining this step by step:

1 Like

If you mean mixing actions on the Rigify rig, then I’d say my video contain enough info to get started.
@PierreSchiller 's video are great too!

1 Like

Your play list is marked as Private…

This is the playlist

I think Simon re-recorded some of the videos and then I guess he hid the old ones away.

2 Likes

@ToshiCG

Haha, you got it. If youtube won’t let me edit bugged videos, then I’ll keep the view counts and comments some other way dammit!

waves fist at the Google gods

@RSEhlers

This playlist should work:

Mixamo to Rigify 0/3 (Intro) - YouTube

2 Likes

Youtube and Twitter: we want to edit stuff. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like