[Upd.July15]blenditall's 2D Art

Free_ality: Well yeah, photoshop can do more – physically it has a longer list of features – but you might have to do workarounds to get certain painter effects.

And thanks, I’ll ask if I have any questions :slight_smile:

Sammaron: Yeah, it’s undetailed, I did it in 5 minutes :slight_smile: I’ll work on it more.

More work please :smiley:

Free_ality:
All right, all right, keep your shirt on!:stuck_out_tongue: That apple is still on my desk, and by now it’s REALLY dried out (all the better for painting). As you’ll see. (But of course I’ll have to try something else as well)
Been busy with school work, but I’m just finishing up some major projects so I’ll have some free time soon:D
Thanks for the encouragement.

Apples really are interesting (and yes, this is still the same one:o)

Totally repainted by the way, not modified.

Your desk must smell like crap. Why don’tcha paint the dog poo you keep on your desk too, sheesh! pppppeeeeeeeeee yooooooooo!
I still like the apple, especially up at the stem, and the top. I like the shiney spots :smiley:

haha, gross! Clean up that desk bro, I bet its rank!(what would the ladies think? mm-mm-mmm, tsk tsk) Great sketch man :smiley:

More stuff please! More stuff please!*

*Imagine a high cheerleadery screech here. I actually have a dance routine to this cheer, ask me about it sometime

What, what? What makes you all assume that just because an apple core sits there for a while that it smells bad? Dried apple slices don’t smell bad… basically the same thing;)
(Or I can’t smell it because I’m really sick right now)

Anyway, I have to see if I can cram and finish my F1 now:rolleyes:

They don’t smell! I had a core in my car for YEARS and it never smelled.

@blenditall: Bro, I feel your pain! Ive had this stupid flu for the whole dang week, Im barely getting back my motor skills… Good luck on the F1! Im so mad, still cant find those elusive files…

@nfollmer: For real? Dont they, like, rot and attract flies or something? How many years, btw? Maybe you made some kind of record…

free_ality: Ok, kind of weird. I’m thinking this is the flu as well:eyebrowlift2: It’s the curse of the contest deadline. Hope you find your files before… uh… today…
Oh, and by the way, I’m asking you now about this dance routine, ha ha.

nfollmer: Finally, somebody on my side!:stuck_out_tongue: Someone else who understands a rotting apple’s not like a rotting ham sandwich with mayo or something.:wink:

Man, all those files are nowhere to be found… I was trying to see if I could turn the renders I have into something, but alas… Im not happy with them :frowning: I guess it just wasnt meant to be, right? And what the heck? Did you get me sick when I posted here? hahaha

Well lets just say the routine involves lots of high kicks and breakdancing… and lots of fine backup she-dancers. And everybody is dressed in sequined leotards. Ha, enjoy that mental image.

Apples are stinky. I smell them. Farts are stinky. As well, I smell them.

Apples really aren’t stinky, but I’m just not gunna lose this fight. Let’s see some more, old rotting stuff. before I become an old rotting stuff :smiley:

high kicks, breakdancing, leotards, chicks. The perfect storms a brewin on the horizon.

This thread is getting weirder and weirder. But I shall now get it back on track with a painting. It’s called… something ominous having to do with a gorge… I dunno. It’s abstract. Done in painter.

http://uploader.polorix.net//files/1249/cave3_comp_web.jpg

What do y’all think?

Shoot man, I like it! I think you probably have a better grasp of color than me…

Its on :ba:

Haha, but for real, I really like it. Oh, by the way, if you’d like, Ive got a few links to some incredible artists(if you’re looking for inspiration). Most are on the edgy side, but I think you’d like em.

Thanks, and heck yes it’s on:ba:. You are currently the king of value though… I’m working on that.

Would I like links to incredible artists? Would I? You’re asking me this? Just give 'em to me!:stuck_out_tongue: Haha, just kidding, sure, I’m always looking for inspiration. And edgy is good.

Haha, tone is good and fine, but as soon as I move into color, all that brilliance escapes me…

Okay, here are some new finds of mine:

Sinix Design(Rob Stacy)

HPX(Phillipe Guyenne)

Ashley Wood(hes a guy)

Dennis Brown(Not all digital)
Goro Fujita
Kemp Remilart

BoKur Eirikkson

Craig Mullins

Thomas E Pringle

Daniel Dociu

Barontieri
Viktor Antonov(did concept art for Half life 2)

Haha, that should keep you busy(and inspired) for the rest of the summer at least. They all vary in styles and subjects, but they all ahve incredible gifts. I didnt include any exclusively fantasy artists(fairys, dragons, etc), because 95% of those guys all paint the same, and their art style bugs me… trust me, I did you a favor :wink:

Anyway, Ive got to get back to my painting, peace bro

I’ll add one as well:

http://forums.sijun.com/index.php?sid=e8959a4a762c769b198c26f86f7d09b1

It’s a forum specifically for 2D digital stuff, tho people occasionally post work in other mediums, 99.9% of it is digital painting. There’s a Speedpainting thread in the Finished Works section that is pretty much an orgasmic experience. I think a number of the artists mentioned can be found hanging in this forum occasionally as well. Many pros on that forum.

hahaha, funny names :smiley: haha.
I like your gorge thing. Pretty cool

free_ality: Bonus! Thanks, eh? (As we say here.) These people look pretty cool, and very inspiring. Definitely enough to keep me going. And vice versa, if I notice anyone interesting I’ll keep you posted :wink:

Squiggly_P: Haha, I’ll have to check out that speedpainting thread, thanks! :eyebrowlift:

Sammaron: …was there a point to that post?:wink:

Right, here’s a new and improved painting of the gorge. Just kept painting it, adding detail, and it changed surprisingly. Funnily enough I ended up doing this all on one layer by the way.

http://uploader.polorix.net//files/1249/cave6_comp_web.jpg

Free_ality: I checked out all those people and woah… that’s some pretty good stuff. I can see where you’re getting some of your ideas ;). And thanks for leaving out the fantasy artists… they do all paint the same!