Updating values in the World Properties tab not changing viewport in real time

Not sure what the issue is, but I seem to have glitched out a .blend file so whatever node setup / value change I make for the world isn’t reflected in real time in the view port.

If I toggle the “Use Nodes” option, then the viewport updates. I messed around with the Easy HDRI addon earlier; I’m not sure if that would’ve somehow caused this.

Or maybe I just changed a simple option somewhere, but I can’t seem to figure it out. Help would be appreciated!

LightingGlitchTest.blend (2.4 MB)

Edit to moderators: Oops, in the franticness I posted this in the wrong section. Please move this to the correct category, thank you.

Seems to work here in 2.81a Windows with an hdr from the blender install directory. Have you tried with a different HDR? It is odd that in the outliner data api view your file name has exr extension but file format shows Targa. Maybe switch the format dropdown to exr?

Hm, I tried this even in the latest 2.83a Blender and the problem is still there. Your viewport (Rendered or Look Dev) updates in real time when you change World node values?

The HDR shouldn’t matter. Here’s a modified file with the HDR disconnected:
LightingGlitchTest2.blend (2.4 MB)

I’ve tried this on two different computers and see the glitch on both. Anything I do to the node tree (e.g. changing the “Add” node’s value), the viewport doesn’t update unless I toggle “Use Nodes”.

LightingGlitchTest2 works for me, eevee and cycles, in both 2.81a and a 2.82 alpha from mid december on windows and a freshly downloaded buildbot 2.83alpha on linux. If i scrub the value slider on the Add node the scene gets darker or lighter, updating without me releasing the mouse button.