Urgent news: A possible solution to the Cyprus problem??????

Hello…

In case someone is interested U.N. secretary Koffi Anan, has proposed a solution for the Cyprus problem…

Personnaly, I find this proposal as a viable solution… In case it is accepted from all parts involved (including Greek Cypriots, Turkish Cypriots, Greece and Turkey…), it would lead to the reunification of the island after 28 years!!! And ofcourse it would be a possitive step towards peace and friendship, between Greeks and Turkish people…

If you are interested take a look at this:

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2002/11/12/1036308685617.html

It’s an article that describes Anan’s proposal…

I wish this insanity will end…

Spyros.

The plan would come into effect the day after it is approved by referendums held simultaneously in the Greek and Turkish zones of Cyprus.

I’ll believe it when I see it.

Then again, maybe I won’t. This disagreement has the staying power of the Israeli/Palestinian confllict. No “magic” UN declaration is going to change centuries of rancor.

hate is human nature, no changing that.

i can’t see much anything coming from the UN, thats going to work anyway.

Perhaps you are both right…

But then again, relationship between Turkey and Greece (except the soccer game between Panathinaikos and Fenerbachtse… :wink: ) have been slightly improved lately…

And Turkey has a “burning” desire to enter European Union!!!

Also the Turkish part is financially destroyed and they can be saved only by reuniting with the rest of Cyprus… They continue to live only because Turkey supports them (but for how long can Turkey lift that weight…) Either reunification or “death”…

So there are 50% chances that this plan could work… :wink:

Also this is the most honest and orthologic suggestion ever made… From my point of view nothing else can work… This is the only way!!!

It’s the perfect chance… If both sides manage to miss that… then there certainly won’t be any viable solution EVER!!!

Spyros.