Using Blender for custom textures....

Hi all,

Just thought I’d pop in and let you all know what I’m up to these days. I’ve been creating a new website that amonst other things will have some ultra high resolution textures (Got about 300 so far :wink: )

I wouldn’t mind some comments on the look of the site, but bear in mind that the site layout is still in somewhat of an embrionic state :smiley:

Site Preview here: http://www.stormpages.com/madcow/screen_cap.htm

Anyway, back to my topic - I used Blender to create the planetary texture in this picture: The original file resolution was 5000x5000 pixels and weighed in at a whoping 15 megs! on top of this the texture is seamless, so it is suitable for ANY resolution you choose to render the pic at. The cloudmap is also custom made and fully seamless.

Anyway, enough yak, heres the link:

http://www.stormpages.com/madcow/outward_bound.html

Right, two more things before I run off and collapse in a corner:

If anyone would like me to write a tute on how the texture was created, just ask, I’m working on some tutorials at the moment anyways :stuck_out_tongue:

If some kind soul out there has four megs of spare webspace, I would be happy to upload the textures for you guys :wink:

Thanks.

Nice. I’ve been silent for a while. I guess nothing really inspired me to post.

But I like your image and your texture project. Very cool looking. Lots of detail, nice composition. I like the “ion” streams behind the ship. Breath of fresh air.

hey!

We’ll be happy to see your new site :slight_smile:

Stefano

Haha! Great to see that the interest for these two textures is hovering around the “Zero” Mark! :stuck_out_tongue:

The upside is that it saves me writing a tute :smiley:

Have a nice day :wink:

I really love it… SCI FI’s my favorite! :slight_smile: It’d be helpful if you write a tutorial and yes, I’ll be willing to let you use at least maybe 10 MB… if I can figure out how you can upload your textures on your own… I’m too lazy to do everything lol. :slight_smile:

Yay! pofo got new desktop :smiley:

Real cool textures

1. pofo

Very, very nice image! I found myself staring into space!
I would like to see how you did the texture.
jsplifer