Using Curve/Array at an Angle

In all of the tutorials I’ve seen on using the array and curve modifiers, the curve origin is set at 0,0,0 and starts out along either the X or Y axis, making it easier to apply the modifier. However, in my projects, I’m almost always trying to model more than one curve or I’m using a reference that isn’t lined up perfectly along either the X or Y axis. When I try to use the array/curve modifiers, even if my origins are in the same place, the arrayed object usually seems to go off in a funny direction. So, the question is…is it possible to attach an object to a curve at an angle? If so, what’s the trick to doing it correctly?

Thanks!!!

even if my origins are in the same place, the arrayed object usually seems to go off in a funny direction.
Supply a demo blend file that shows this so we can see what you are doing wrong

That could be because of many factors, what’s the direction of the curve itself, have scale and rotation been applied to both the object and the curve and has the correct axis of the array deformation in the curve modifier been selected?

Just do what Richard said, he’s a smart fella. He knows what he’s talking about.