Using welds, like ropes.

Is it possible to use things like ropes or sockets that will tie two objects, and if there is enough force they would snap off? Using this it would be possible to create physic animation of example a glass that will fall and break to pieces.

And another question: Is it possible to create ragdolls without any plugins or scripts?

I heard something about hardbodies which was going to be implemented into Blender, which would allow the breaking of solid objects. I’m not sure when, what or how though.
As for the ragdolls, I don’t think it’s possible without making a script for it. Maybe if you apply the right physics.

Ragdoll-ish physics are a go for 2.43.
Hardbodies not so (as far as I know).

Download preview build 7b

Ragdolls are easy with this build,
No scripts, No python

Link
–>http://continuousphysics.com/Bullet/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=752&sid=2b74ab9a5790260bdd9b4b6b25eededa

Yeah, ragdolls are easy to build. No python.

The not-so-easy thing is converting a non-ragdoll thing into a ragdoll. That requires python.

Played around with the new pariticles? CVS? there is a exploding feature and its impressive.

The not-so-easy thing is converting a non-ragdoll thing into a ragdoll. That requires python.

With preview build 7b, ragdolls are created with constraints
Search the forums for an example, I’ve seen quite a few

Thanks, that really is easy to create ragdolls with that beta thing, found it in 15sec without help. I think it could be used somehow for “invisible rope”, only invisible constraint that acts like rope.

Here is a demo & video of the many constraints you can use in 2.43

http://continuousphysics.com/Bullet/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=771

I mean, I have a ragdoll, and I want it to walk until I kill it.

I tend to do that aswell. And a question; Can you make armature ragdolls?

Played around with the new pariticles? CVS? there is a exploding feature and its impressive.

yeah, the particles have got me excited…
Too bad they arent GE compatible…

No. You can only make them from separate objects, like in the Dismount games.