USS Enterprise (Star Trek) Main Engineering

Here is a quick stylized version of the main engineering of Starship Enterprise, inspired by the Motion Picture and Wrath of Khan.

Main scene is 3D-objects with displays scribbeled onto with the grease pencil (quite jankily by mouse, as I don’t have my tablet at the moment), simple NPR shaders and scene-wide line art.

Tell me what you think!

9 Likes

Based on the thread title, I was expecting to see some generic looking shot straight out of a star trek VR game… so, very pleasantly surprised!

Nice job getting the glow over the ink, a lot of people ignore that step. The strokes might be a bit too thick and perfect, but it’s a matter of tast. Your paint textures are just lovely.

1 Like

Well thank you for your kind words!

I agree with the strikes. I did not dive deeper into the line art rabbit hole as of yet, but I guess one could introduce some variation with modifiers, similar to other grease pencil objects.

Though I have to add, I wish I had the skill to create the more generic / realistic look of the works of Tadeo D’Oria or Donny Versiga. The amount of detail both pack into their scenes just directly beams your mind onto their bridges!

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thank you very much, Bart!

1 Like