UV Align\Distribute

Sorry guys for the late reply but I didn’t get any notification until yesterday for new posts on this thread, I already started investigating the problems.

@kobaltkween
can you explain better what problem do you get? but first of all do you have downloaded the correct file??

@Kerub any news on your problem?

@rombout
I’ve see the bug submission on github… do you still having problem?

Thanks and sorry again!

No I was in sculpt mode, didn’t noticed it untill I looked properly at the screengrabs

I’ve fixed the 3d cursor alignment problem… I’ll wait until Monday for new bugs or reply from other users and then I’ll upload the update.

Same problem as @Kerub 's. Windows 10 Home, Blender 2.79, Addon version is 3.0. I’ve installed it from file, but it’s not appearing in the Tool panel of UV/Image Editor. I see only >Transform, >UV Align, >UV Tools groups.

what file do you have downloaded??

This.

ok, and in the console there are no errors?

Nope. Only this green message:
Modules Installed (uv_align_distribute) from ‘E:\Software\_WORKSPACE\3D DESIGN\BLENDER\ADD-ONS\uv_align_distribute.zip’ into 'C:\Users\splinefx\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\addons’

ok, in order to see the tools you need a UV unwrapped mesh, otherwise no buttons appear

I have it, still no appearing
%D0%B8%D0%B7%D0%BE%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B6%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B5

stupid question… have you enabled the add-on??

also, check if you have sync editing enabled

1 Like

That’s it. I disabled sync editing, and it worked. I didn’t know that these features aren’t compatible. Thanks a lot for your help, sorry if it was stupid situation. I tried your addon right now, and it literally saved my day.

1 Like

New Release!!! V3.1, this release give some bug fixes, plus support for Linux users, finally!!
to download it follow the link on my GitHub page and download the zip file!!

Happy blending!!! :wink:

Great addon. Thanks for this new realease

1 Like

I have no problem enabling it now. Thanks so very much!

1 Like

This is a great addon, thanks. Unfortunately, it gives me an error when trying to align a selection as a group:

It would be great to have this great features for 2.8 :slight_smile:

1 Like

It need to be updated to recent releases of blender, but this error is a thing a part. I’ll give the fix with blender 2.8, sorry for the wait

4 Likes

Edit:

deleted… Sorry this is the wrong topic for the addon. it was for Magic UV, oops.

Edit 2: I had no problem with the UV align/Distribute addon. BTW, it’s an excellent addon! Keep up the good work.

Edit 3:

I am trying to use “Match islands” and i got a message saying “no active faces”? :frowning:

Edit 4:
Never mind, I figured it out.