UV Mapping

I have a problem that I just can’t seem to solve. When I try saving the UV Map so I can texture it in GIMP, I get the following error; “Active object is not a mesh with Texface.” I’ve run through all the tutorials that I can find, but cannot see where I am going wrong. I’m using Vista with the newest Blender release. Any suggestions please?

so you are trying to export the UV face layout, as an image file, and the script is not working? well, I don’t know why it isn’t working, but I can suggest a couple alternate methods. One would be to take a screenshot of the UV window. That’s how we did it in the old days when there was no UV export. The other thing to do, would be to texture bake the textures and AO, using the baking functions in render buttons, and using that as the basis for your gimp texture.

Ta. I’ll give it a go, but after like twenty tries, I managed to get one to save, but none of the others. Any one else have this problem?

I would have said that it sounds like you haven’t actually assigned an image / texture to the mesh and that you can do so in the UV editor with image > New (ALT-N).

The script to initially save the UV layout doesn’t need this though, so I don’t think that’s the problem… it only requires that you are in EDIT mode, having selected the object you want to export the map for. At this point, hitting A-key (select all vertices) over the object in the 3D view should make the map show up in the UV editor (revealing how well you unwrapped it).

beautiful, absolutely gorgeous… o yeah and these StarCraft CD Key Lace Wigs Full Lace Wigs Cosplay Wigs Cheap Full Lace Wig are not bad!