UV packing

I put the current build Shotpacker_2.0.11 up on the Gumroad that should have the bug fixed.

@Schillem: Try disabling overlap if you don’t need it and set the pruning ratio to 0.0 in Shotpacker Options.

AWESOME!! It works in 2.82 for me now

Gumroad update: Shotpacker_2.0.14.zip should make the installation process smoother with less issues.

1 Like

Hi i have problem whit this addon pls help

Edit
instal version 2.14
info :

Press the “update stats” button it should reset the error.

Hi, I love your addon, it’s amazing! Although I am having a ton of trouble with it.
I already tried “update stats” turning off overlapping UVs, set pruning ratio to 0.0 and basically just tried to play around with it for a while to get it to work. Anyways here is the error, any help would be appreciated :slight_smile:
Blender version 2.82.7

Hi! I purchased your addon, but for some reason it only works on one version 2.82. and only on one computer. In version 2.83 it gives an error. How can this be fixed?. Как это можно исправить?

I can confirm the bug in the 2.83 beta, I’m working on it.

@ferrettank are you still having the issue? I’ve been away for a month and can now look into it if you’re still having issues. Try closing Blender, deleting Shotpacker folder manually and then downloading and installing the .zip normally through Blender.

I uploaded Shotpacker_2.0.15.zip that hopefully fixes the issue probably caused by https://developer.blender.org/rBS7c2f0074f3fe2411daa7a6e351d7cbc535246871

1 Like

I’ve tried to install shotpacker 2.0.15 on blender 2.82a and it won’t work. There is an error:
“…/init.py line 101, in execute import ensurepip
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘ensurepip’”
and I can’t install required libraries
Please help, what can I do with this?

I’m on it. I’ll get back to you asap.

edit: Shotpacker_2.0.16 is up on Gumroad that should have the issue fixed.

1 Like

I can’t get it to work, in which exact blender version should it work?

It should work on all versions. I tested the most recent patch on 2.83. If you have issues please post me the description of the issue and error messages in PM or email, including your Blender version and operating system.

Many thanks for this addon… its helped a new blender user so much.

One quick question.
I have Packed > stacked identical > packed again (with overlap detection). All looks neat and tidy, but about half of the UV Map space is wasted. I’m sure there’s a simple option somewhere to resolve this? Can you help?

Scale everything up manually and pack again. It’s a known issue.

1 Like

Bingo. Thank you so much!

1 Like

Hi Ambi

Apologies for another noob question. I’ve somehow broken the tool - even with two simple test shapes on a clean project. When i click ‘Pack’ - it flashes “starting…” then nothing happens. Any idea how ive messed it up?

Cheers.

It might be because that one connected vert in the middle that’s not actually connected with edges. You can send me a link to the file on private message and I can take a look. There’s also select broken UV islands button that will select all UV that the addon can’t build as packable island.

Hey i have question, every time i "Install required Libraries’ its fine, but when i close and open blender again i have to click it once again, maybe its not major bug or something just annoying thing. Do you know how to save those libraries that i dont have to install it every time?

It should be fixed in the latest version, message me if it’s not or some other problems occur.

1 Like