UV problem (won't render)

Hi there …

Simple question really: I’m finally (kind of) getting my head around UV mapping but I can’t seem to get them to render (shift-p meth!od).

Also: is it possible to have some kind of preview of the UV-mapped surfaces during modelling in ,say, ‘shaded’ view mode? “Textured” mode just seems to show everything except the uv objects as black shapes (regardless of suns and lamps), Shaded mode doesn’t allow for UV mappings. it seems…

Ta…
Marco :slight_smile:

To make sure you can quickly see the uv texture when applied, make sure to click ‘texface’ on the material tab to enable the uv tex to color the material. This is only for this purpose, fro previewing the alignment. Once the alignment is done, you’ll need to load the saved image as a texture in the regular material texture channels, set to map to ‘uv’ and name the uv set in the texture map tab.

Shaded mode and texture mode are not going to work the same, unfortunately. Either textured OR shaded for right now. There will hopefully come a day where we will be able to get that, but the devs are so busy I think we will need to let them finish their current projects. The closest I saw to this was the glsl shaders preview, where the were adjusting the lighting and ramp shaders and seeing real time rendering in the view port, but I don’t think it applies to textures (yet).

cool, thanks *feels he’s reaching another plateau on his learning curve’ :yes: