uv texture problem - please help

Hi All,
please help with this. I have one object. This object I have divided with hooks to some vertices group. When I want to add a picture to the object I’m getting the picure but in a strange way. I hope that the images would say what I mean.

where can be the problem? I want to have one image in one object but possibility to move with the hook vertices groups.

Attachments

Select only the faces that should have the front image on them, and in an ortho overhead view do ‘project from current view’.

Unwrap the other faces (bottom/sides) seperatly or just set them to an orco material since they’re less important / more uniform (if you’re making a picture jigsaw like reality, anyway).

thanks - but I think that the problem is the position of hook groups in edit mode and object mode (the position is different). I think that the texture takes the position from the edit mode (of the faces)…

is there some way to select group of vertices - assign a group of vertex/faces to them and always when I select this group (from a menu) I will have these vertices/faces selected and ready for move?