uv with new faces

I added loop cuts to my mesh at the knees, elbows, shoulders…The new faces are there in the unwrap uvs, all but for the shoulders. I most often do not see the new faces there. I must have done the elbows and shoulders differently but I do not understand how. How can I get the new faces into my old uv unwrap ?
http://misc.cgcookie.netdna-cdn.com//pencil.png

Hi Kazinger.

I think I can see your new faces.

There is a diagonal line running down from right to left across your UV editor. This normally means you have used a different unwrap method for the additional faces and the new faces have stretch across the bound of your editor, (happens as well, if the new faces have no texture reference in regards to the rest of the mesh.

Try selecting the relevant missing faces, from the front and unwrap “project from view”. Do the front and back seperately, so there is no overlap. Then you’ll be able to recognise the different mesh islands and manually rotate and weld them into you original mesh, (you’ll need to select all faces on the object, before you will see all the UV mesh again.

NOTE: when unwrapping the back faces, using project from view, unless you view the mesh from behind, the UV mesh will be reversed.

It’s a bit manually intensive, (Welding meshes), and maybe another member has an easier option.

You may also find that you have to reassign the UV image map, to the new faces afterwards, (but there may be another way, that I am not aware of myself yet).

Regards.

Cig.