V1.35 MMORPG -Kewl Incredible District- "Teen Dream" (play to post)

Hi, here with version 1.24 official stable build (before I start adding new features :D)

http://www.nicholasnel.com/back/back.html

Cheers!

Hi all.

After a month of hard work I am here with a brand new version of KiD, enjoy folks!

http://www.nicholasnel.com/back/back.html

NEW Features in version 1.25:

1. Easy to read text.
  2. GUI-space speech bubbles.
  3. vignette/spotlight effect.
  4. dynamic height map terrain with texture swap.(district editor)
  5. Race track selection.(district editor)
  6. Dynamic Sky Box.(district editor)
  7. Animated Clouds.(district editor)
  8. 7 new Animated Satellites.(district editor)
  9. Bugs and polish.

Hi Guys and Girls!
New version here: http://www.nicholasnel.com/back/back.html

NEW Features in version 1.26:

1. Polished “Action” animations.
  2. Speed ups!
  3. Bugs and polish.

Hi, here with version 1.27, this version includes bugs fixed during the making of my new feature video!

link here: http://www.nicholasnel.com/back/back.html

feature video can be seen at the link or right here!

not all features are shown, the GUI was left out completely, and I forgot to light fireworks at the end!

Hi, I was actually going to do a major update somewhere deep in time, but someone helped me find a bug! so here it is!

NEW Features in version 1.28:

1. Polished face and hair.
  2. Bugs and polish.

Hi, after two weeks, I decided to cash in, I am the weakest link!, still lots more in the pipeline!

NEW Features in version 1.29:

1. New Duivel shield.
  2. New textures for rides.
  3. New 2D filter switch in settings.
  4. Added Critters and Plants to culling list.
  5. Added extra scroll bar for more text / help.
  6. Color Mixer only visible while choosing color.
  7. Midi tracks randomised.
  8. Bugs and polish.

Hey ppil! here with version 1.30 of KiD, I hope to see u online sometime!

NEW Features in version 1.30:

1. New textures for clothing.
  2. Pointing finger rigged.(all animations updated)
  3. Six new action animations.(10 total)
  4. Hid weapon for action animation.
  5. Bugs and polish.

Download here: http://www.nicholasnel.com/back/back.html

Hi all! just popped in to share a new version with ya’ll

download here : http://www.nicholasnel.com/back/back.html

NEW Features in version 1.31:

1. Desaturated GUI buttons.
  2. Fixed male eyebrows.
  3. Lighting fix.
  4. Confirm Password field.
  5. Flying improved (Jetpack and Rides)
  6. Bugs and polish.

Cool. I was going to post some feedback but it looks like you beat me to the punch.
A couple things remaining:
#1 - the laugh at startup freaks me out every time, others have expressed similar opinions
#2 - the starting attire needs more dignity

Hi pqftgs…

#1 : I don’t see how a child laughing could freak you out, funny you mentioned it but people are like sheep and tend to all repeat the same things, personally I don’t find it freaky at all, I would understand if a 40 year old was playing it with sound turned up all the way, yes, it’s freaky for old people to be playing a kiddies game and maybe a good deterrent.

#2 : All players receive 100 000 first time to buy stuff and 1 000 daily (members can receive up to 1 000 000 a day), also you could earn money quickly and progress really quickly if you were not running wine, I think it’s good that newbies should feel under dressed, it creates a reason for you to want to advance your character and once you have, it makes you happy with your achievement.

based on your critique I would say you care a lot for peoples opinion of you, yeah, playing kiddies games is a no no, and being seen in your gym clothing by other players is a no no too! for me these are positive things though.

I hope you are not too offended by my reply buddy!

Cheers and have fun!

EyeBall

So offended! Now for the retaliation:

1. You probably know that developers tend to be unaware of problems faced by new users. Feedback is incredibly valuable, even the rude stuff if it’s honest.

As a new user I found the laugh mildly disturbing. I’d like to hope my opinion wasn’t swayed by the voice of the majority

Despite the aesthetics not being to my liking, I do think it’s a cool game and have enjoyed playing despite my obvious performance issues. I’m not coming from a biased position of negativity.

1. I’d be OK with a burlap sack so long as it’s somewhat modest. When I was younger my parents didn’t want me playing games with partial nudity. I do understand where you’re coming from and it’s a very smart tactic. I just wanna be less exposed! It kills the first impression.

First as someone who is very hearing impaired and retired. Kinda find that to be vaguely offensive. And I’m actually kind of afraid to call this a kids game, The posted images look like underaged crack addicted children dressed as prostitutes.
And I played twice from two different locations, I found it very creepy that the female character I made had your undivided attention, While the male character was ignored.

Still I am glad to see you have an awareness that there is a propriety to be maintained in adult/child interactions. Actually I am kind of glad that you indicated it twice in this post, Now I am going to offer you some advice that you will most likely ignore. Dress those child toons in cloths that don’t look like something a crack-whore would use.

i kinda feel like everyone has to download the whole game again, each time you make a change? You use BGE right?

Hi Joseph… if a girl want’s to dress down or dress up there are options for that, each to his/her own, the model is actually a fully grown adult with a big head, I must say I used SOEs Free Realms as a benchmark for the age factoring and they had a very similar dress code, and yes, most girls like to dress up, thank you for your feedback.

This is a screenshot from Free Realms, also rated 10+ and an MMORPG!

Hi Rocky! the problem is the installer I use has some serious compression and this compression standard has not yet be realized by Python, so, it actually uses less bandwidth to just download the whole game again instead of updating it in game, if you already have an old version you can just install over it, I have had some trouble with user files recently, but all that has been fixed so your account should stay in tact even if you play from another machine with another install.

thanks guys! and cheers!

Please do not PM me again. Eyeball you creep me the fuck out.

Just based on the above linked video I am having trouble not making the connection to the underage taboo subjects. But one of the intro video’s seems to indicate it is a kid on Christmas morning who gets zapped to magic land rendered nude. And…Yea Someone please tell me that I am paranoid for making this connection.

There are reasons why authors and film makers for decades now have had conventions for how to present children to the audience. Some of it is avoiding a bad accidental impression. But just looking at the juxtaposition of how there is both an awareness of “old people should not play kids games” And a game that seems to have in the intro a nude kid who is told they are cute…Someone help me not make this connection please.

wahahahaha keep Joseph away from the swimming pool! he sees crack whores!

Joseph : hey old man, I found a picture that you might like, it’s from an adult site called “Barbie”

[ATTACH=CONFIG]396492[/ATTACH]

Moderation: I’ve deleted a few posts in this thread that were off-topic and/or personal attacks. Those are violations of the Forum Rules. Please adhere to them.

If you have difficultly accepting critical feedback, it’s best not to respond at all. If you cannot have a discussion without insulting each other, then I advise that you not make posts or PMs to each other.

Play nice.

hi mr Fweeb, it seems you are not on my side as you have removed a very on topic post, I will have to ignore any posts from this troll in future! if you cant handle a girl in a swimsuit, you are not a man!