Works ok here.
It sounds really suspicious that it would crash the whole OS.
Martin
Works ok here.
It sounds really suspicious that it would crash the whole OS.
Martin
Do you mean that a lib .so works under win xp with a blender compiled with msvc ?
All the plugins available on :
http://www-users.cs.umn.edu/~mein/blender/plugins/texture.html
are .dll files.
it worked for me on a scons blender build under vista this afternoon… testing under xp in a bit.
OK, it seems to work with the last SVN compilation. The first test was made blender 2.45.
EDIT : render is long…
EDIT2 : a new download seems to works with blender 2.45 too.
Strange… now I’m having issues as well… this time I’m on an XP machine… Tried everything from 2.42 to current svn (doing a new build as we speak)… keeps crashing blender.
Right… update… did a fresh svn build, which works, though it doesn’t appear to like relative paths for the svg file and no spaces in the paths either. It doesn’t load the plugin when opening the test file either.
Would be really nice if there was a load button to browse for the svg file.
Edit: I played with it for almost an hour and it seems very unreliable… needs work… not production ready, but definitely worth the effort!
Here’s an svg file I tested with that doesn’t load… http://www.alienhelpdesk.com/misc/index.php?file=pattern_4_1.svg
Hello Marcelo,
I am very interesting in addindg some functionalites to your plugin - I found it VERY promising for modelling the skin of the aircraft models. (Aircraft modelling is my hobby - you can find first digital results at http://vaircraft.neostrada.pl ). This plugin would allow to model the connection of the panels on the wing and fuselage, and rivets all around…
Yet It is missing some functionality, and sometimes crashes. I wanted just to start experiment with this code. I am using Blender on Windows. I have tried to compile the source, you have delivered, but the makefile you have used for WIndows would be a great help. Could you tell me, what are exactly the differences in the vectex-09/Makefile? I successfully compiled the AGG and EXPAT
Thank you in advance
Witold Jaworski
Ok,
I have downloaded vectex-windows-0.9.zip.
How do I install it?
All this threads and no one mentions how to get it up and running. Where do I copy the.SO file?
What is a .so file?
Just open the example *.blend file - it works!
This vectex.so is just regular Windows .dll, it has only different name. I have used it “as it was”, but probably you can rename it.
(.so extension is from the Unix systems = “shared object”)
Pretty slick, I like it so far. Except…
It does not seem to work, for me, with more than one render thread. With one thread it works fine but with two or more the render window just sort of sits there consuming cycles but nothing ever completes.
I have downloaded the sample test_animated.blend
and created one 100 frame rendered .mov file
Its nice. Can you please tell me is this .mov file is vector based?
When I run the file using quicktime player, it runs crystal clear.
Is there anybody who has a Ubuntu studio Hardy (8.04.1) compilation of Vectex or who has used successfully a downloadable file? I’m porting a project from windows with some SVG textures i’d like to keep (using BF blender 2.46 buit with Scons) I can load the plugin, I have no error message at all in the console when loading from a new file but preview stays red when i refresh with .svg file typed in and I can get the following message only with the test-static blend exemple file:
var1: ./vectex.so, var2: ./vectex.so, var3: ./vectex.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Lovely work mgmalheiros
but it steel doesnt work (for me OSX 10.4.11, intel, Blender 2.48).
When I try open plugin, Blender crash.
For me its excelent way for visualizations of book covers. And others 2D design use vector design mostly using letters. I know I can import vectors to blender, but this plug in is much faster way for complicated ilustrations (sure with working plugin)
Does anybody can help with compiling for OS X?
Thank you very much.
@Thanks to forTe -but also your last debug version doesnt work for me, shame.
Hey, just wondering if this plugin is still being maintained. I have a character that this would be absolutely perfect for! But… on vista, I don’t seem to have a single blender version that it runs in.
I guess the plugin’s been left to its fate, but after searching a lot I haven’t found this answered:
When I try and load the vectex.so file as a texture plugin through Blender, an error pops up saying “error no plugin <path>”. this happens randomly in a blank scene with only a cube in it. but it always happens in big blend files. any suggestions?
I too wonder if this is still being developed… Seems a shame to lose it
Currently I am working to make custom build of Blender that have the vectex as a internal texture.
It’s based on Blender 2.49a and use QtSVG as backend SVG renderer.
It’s still under development but some improvement has done from original feature.
It’s improvement is like below.
Since it uses the QtSVG as backend renderer, many SVG files can be used as texture file.(less limitation than AGG SVG)
Multi thread rendering available.
Bump map support.
Alpha channel support(still have some issue…).
Enabled some file manipulation user interface (file browser, relative path, file packing).
Please see this thread.
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=160370
I was wondering if there was going to be an vector-based texture option in blender, and then a build with this patch appears. Thanks for your hard work, I hope development continues on this project.
blenderificus:
I couldn’t find this thread too.
I was lucky to find article of vectex in BlenderNation by chance.
I want to keep this developing, until something similar thing can be done with the default blender.
Facing a small problem, when I use tiger.svg, it works, when I give some other svg its not working.
I am trying with the this svg
kkrawal:
I made two version of built-in vectex builds, the one uses AGG and the other uses Qt SVG for SVG rendering library.
Probably you use a AGG version which can download from the URL at post #2 of this thread.
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?t=160370
I tested that SVG file, and it can be used with Qt SVG version of build.
So please try latest Qt SVG version which can download from the graphicall.org.
Download URL is written at the post #71 of the same thread.
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1470037&postcount=71