Vegetation addon tree, plant, and animation!

So I am thinking about batch processing the assets through Python. I have never done anything with Python before, so I may need a little help here and there.
Sofar, I have created a script that duplicates the asset 3 times and link the mesh data. Then, I want to rename the Mesh and Material data to be the same as the asset’s name (and to use the material name as suffix). I asked for some help on this and will post the progress here tomorrow.
This should result in the following naming scheme:

Vine_plant_2_Summer
> Mesh: Vine_plant_2
>> Material 01: Vine_plant_2_leaf_Summer
>> Material 02: Vine_plant_2_trunk_Summer

Vine_plant_2_Winter
> Mesh: Vine_plant_2
>> Material 01: Vine_plant_2_leaf_Winter
>> Material 02: Vine_plant_2_trunk_Winter

All I need to do next is change the shader properties according to the seasons. @blender_now how did you to this in the code? Could you help me with a few lines to change the shader properties for each of the assets? Considering I should be able to get the season as suffix for the object, that should be doable, right?

Finally, I can then use Asset Browser Utilities : Batch Mark/Unmark, Export, Manage Tags to batch load the thumbnails from disc. So overall, batching the assets would require 3 steps:

1. Instancing, renaming, shader properties + Mark as asset through python
  2. Move assets to the correct category
  3. Thumbnail rendering
  4. Optionally, find missing files (because I don’t want to have duplicate textures)