Veitos - Desolation

Hello everyone. I did this project 5 months ago but didn’t post it here. The project’s name is Veitos- Desolation. It’s a sequel to “Project Siblings” and the story of a wanderer, last of his kind. Everything was created from scratch, sculpting, modeling, texturing, clothes and simulation, story, metals’ name and properties, character and design. I wrote the stories and some name were invented. A skeleton was built in blender to pose the character. All the assets were textured in Substance Painter except for the cave rocks I used 3 megascans textures. Most of the work were done in Blender. Post processing in Affinity Photo. Each picture has a story and the goal was to trigger something in the viewer. Rendered with cycles 1500 samples.

More on artstation https://www.artstation.com/artwork/LR2Dgk

We managed to capture a different angle that really put emphasis on the expression of Veitos.

Mastering the metals.

Veitos showing us his home and workplace before the carnage.

Veitos was distracted by some nearby activities. Could be animals roaming. He was ready to move and we packed our things to follow him.

Veitos making his way into a pond to catch a fish.

Shot from the top. We hanged on one of those magnificent trees.

Back view

We got into the pond for this shot. We could see the pain and loneliness in his eyes.

Veitos gathering some herbs for foods and rituals.

Veitos relaxing and waiting for the night ritual.

Every night Veitos practice a type of ritual with herbs that get him into a trance. He explained to us that the yellow stars are his people and that under the effect of the herbs, he can communicate with them.

Veitos with the glowing plant. An edible plant that can hold water in it’s belly as well.

Dawn. Veitos with his poncho ready for another journey.

Additional Render. Veitos making his way and disappearing into sunset.

The Metal Otavinium and its properties.

Clay

All renders in clay

5 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thank you. :raised_hands:

1 Like

Whoops, I posted the wrong link. Frrrriiday!

1 Like