Venice in the Sky

I’m working on this city in the clouds, a Venice with balloons instead of gondolas. I saw a picture of a Venice canal and I just imagined the water wasn’t there. Then I thought it’d be nice if it was floating and so… I’m now focused on the cloud and the sky, I think it might be more beautiful if you could see a blue cloudy sky in the back and a whiter cloud among the buildings. I’d love some feedback and advice.
Hope you like it!

5 Likes

Awesome idea - I really like it.

For some inspiration, you could check out some of the art of BioShock Infinite.
A bit more American architecture, but for the overall feel I think it will help.

Depending on the look and style you are going for, I think you need to make the scene larger.
Maybe even think more grand.

• What happens when wind and gusts blow the balloons into buildings? You could add bumpers to the buildings so that they don’t pop the balloons.

• How are they anchored to the landing platforms so they don’t blow away?

• Would bridges be stationary or movable?

• More city in the background

• I think you nailed the idea of height. With balloons up and down, it’s probably the easiest traversal.
    But if it is this high, I would imagine a lot more rooftop clutter. They would have ways to wall between buildings, etc.

I hope you find some of this useful.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll check the game, I had it in mind but didn’t actually look for images. Good idea the bumpers. About the anchoring, there are hooks at the end of the platforms, maybe the rope should be changed so it’s in first plane and not hidden by the balloons door. I didn’t think about the bridges being moveable, but could be.

And yes, still more detail to work on. Thanks a lot!!

1 Like