Venturing towards “Kawaii”

Part of my first “projects” (we use this word very loosely today, “project”, in any case in French. I can’t get used to it). It was just about finally making something that could be called “Kaiwaii.”
Why?.. Ha, that… That’s the real question…
At any rate, it started with a paving stones texture, to learn automatic modeling by displacement map on Cycles in “experimental” mode, with Displacement and Subdivision modifiers (“adaptive subdivision” checked). Because after having struggled a lot to create walls myself, brick by brick, then with “Array”, paved floors: I found this new, astonishing and rapid possibility.
The design of the chicks comes from somewhere on the internet: I had seen a similar model.
As usual, I assembled very small technical “challenges”, in the use of Blender, to perfect my learning, and to move more or less towards a final image which holds up more or less: time does not don’t wait, even if it is, as we say, relative.

2 Likes

And le viewport le most extraordinaire del mondo.

Ps : Kaiwaii or not kaiwaii… That is the sub-division.
~ ~ ~

1 Like

Kaiwaii you have achieved! I like your use of depth-of-field focus, and that WE the viewer are clearly the subject of inspection! :blush:

Thanks. Your sentence reminds me of a reading: “The Innocent Anthropologist: Notes From a Mud Hut” (Nigel Barley, 1983), for the English title I believe. The anthropologist who dreams of adventure, setting out to “study the last little-known cultures”, and who finds himself being the subject of study. It is also a somewhat comical novel.

1 Like