Vespa

(ZarasTM) #1

Hi dont really know how to improve this render other than gray metal material. Any tips would be welcome.

4 Likes

(sundialsvc4) #2

I couldn’t tell you how to improve it, either! Fantastic job! :+1:

If you wanted to present this piece of equipment, say in a catalog shot, this is how you would do it.

(You might have a low-powered fill light coming from “nine o’clock low” to attenuate the shadow beneath the bike and to give a little more definition to the front of the tire, without calling attention to the light’s presence. But that would be at the discretion of the photographer, and might just as easily be accomplished with a very silght “burning in” of this area in the [digital …] darkroom or during “pre-flight” before printing.)

1 Like

(betalars) #3

I have four suggestions/ideas

1. Be more creative with lighting. It seems you’re mainly relying on an HDR to create your lighting, but I prefer to use a dim HDR to set up a general mood/background noise and then set up some costum placed lights to get some not pronounced lighting. I’d try to add a strong rim light as well as put more focus on the curves by utilizing done tube/ring lights.
    Try also looking for some intresting lamp types. Idk I have not found a good term to look for, but something like a parabolic light might cause inresting highlight patterns. Warm/orange light sources also work great with those kind of vintage vehicles
  2. Try to utilize the RGB curves in compositing. By lowering the white level and raising the dark level, you can make much more use of your dynamic range. You can also add a slight tint to those colors to be a bit more expressive. Just maybe set the factor to 0.5 because you want to make slight adjustments.
  3. Make a 3-split view, where you have a full shot of the bike taking most space and then have two interesting details in the other “frames”.
  4. Make some scenery. Put it in front of an old Italian building or leaning against a tree in an alley during autumn or put it next to a vine grape or something like that. ^^
1 Like