VFX breakdown of a drama short film 'Before Love Ends'

I had the opportunity to work on a drama short film that is also a music video “Before Love Ends,” performed by a well-known local singer Lyubena Ninova (I’m from Bulgaria, by the way).

Here’s the finished video:

and that’s the VFX breakdown:

I’m still fairly new to Blender and it takes me a lot of time to create these environments, but I find it a great alternative.

As my rendering power is quite limited I wasn’t able to render animations, but only stills that I used on different layers to create parallax and simulate 3D depth in the final video.

4 Likes

Absolutely wonderful, great job. I watched the music video first, and I couldn’t spot anything - probably because I didn’t know what you had done at this point. And probably because I don’t have an eye for it :smiley:

Then I watched the breakdown, and here I could see something that was a bit too static (I’m sure you know what I’m talking about, but I don’t want to spoil it for the next guy). And now I could see the same thing also in the music video. But I didn’t in the first, and that’s what counts I guess.

Great mood, colors, and grading. Well done.

1 Like

Thank you. Yes, I know what kind of “static” you are talking about, but few people see it. The most important thing is if non-technical people understand and like the story, while the VFX are invisible to them.