Victorian Steampunk Telescope scene

Hi :slight_smile: This is a scene I created for fun and to implement different texturing worflows in Cycles.
Moreover I love the Steampunk style and this project was another great opportunity to prove that :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
Steampunk is a very specific style but nothing tells that you´re not allowed to mix it with other styles and this is what I did with this scene. I like to provoke the eye and make viewers wonder when they have a look at it. “Why did he do that?”! This is what I want :slight_smile:

75 Likes

I featured you on BlenderNation. Stay safe, and have a great weekend!

You’re on the #featured row! :+1:

/Pascal

Den tors 30 apr. 2020 17:45Bart Veldhuizen via Blender Artists Community [email protected] skrev:

1 Like

I guess I will see the stars up in the sky. Great work!

That’s quite the telescope you have there, or should I say laser cannon? :wink:
Quick question. What’s with the three offshoots?
Anyway, fantastic job!

Amazing concept and execution. Congrats. Would love to hear something more about your process of creating textures and wear on the wooden box.

You succeeded in your intent. Fantastic work!

I featured you on BlenderNation. Stay safe, and have a great week!

Super cool model, though i dont have a steampunk feeling with it. Perhaps it still looks to modern.

1 Like

Super model and great textures.

My only problem with it is that the box looks super old and banged up, yet the metal and plastic on the telescope is all shiny and new.

noice man.

Amazing detail, how long did this take to model?

Thanks man :slight_smile:

Thanks man :slight_smile: All together, probably 3 weeks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Loniel :slight_smile: :slight_smile: That would be something :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks man :slight_smile: Well if you want them to be cannons, so let us them be so :slight_smile: :slight_smile: I do not know really, I just felt for making those extra offshoots. The thing is, I´ve had a look att a lot of ref pics and many telescopes seemed to have those. So I thought what the …I do the same! It will make the machinery even more interesting :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Thanks man :slight_smile: I love to mix different styles. The Steampunk is still the most prominent one in this scene but while I was texturing it, I thought, why not giving it a different approach and make it less obvious somehow.
I wanted to give the viewer an opportunity to debate which is it always among others my goal when I create a scene.

Thanks man :slight_smile: Let´s say that is an old renovated/cleaned telescope mounted om a very old victorian cabinet.

1 Like