Video card

I got a new computer a few days ago. 1.8 GHz, 512 MB of RAM, 80 GB hard drive, Windows XP… the video card is an S3 Graphics ProSavageDDR.

When I start up Blender, it works fine at first, but then if I switch windows (like going to my browser and then back to Blender; or even just to the render window and back), sometimes stuff like this starts to happen:

http://www.weirdhat.com/screwyblender.jpg

And then Blender crashes.

If I turn off the hardware acceleration, Blender works, but otherwise it doesn’t. I tried installing new drivers… I tried fiddling with all the settings… nothing helped. I’ve come to the conclusion that this video card just doesn’t work with Blender, so I’m probably going to get a better one. But I thought before I do that I should ask you guys about it. Does anyone know how I could fix this??

Bad luck :frowning:
Such a nice machine with a crapy graphics card
S3 are far from the top
But i dont have the solution, sorry
Bye
António

I have a low end card…and i get the same problems when updating my vid card drivers to get hardware OpenGL. Blender’s interface appears messed up. I can’t do anything about this video card, since it’s integrated and my motherboard doesnt have a stupid AGP slot :frowning: :-? :x

I have the a very similar problem with my video card. Unfortunatly, I still haven’t come up with a solution for it, but I shall continue to try…