Video files in OS → Right-click → "Open in Blender VSE"

I’m looking to improve/optimize my video editing workflow for doing simple, “quick and dirty” video cutting in Blender.

Shotcut has a feature where you can right-click a video and “Open With”, to have a video appended on the timeline. Basically, I want that for Blender.

I know I can drag-drop vids onto the timeline, and sure, that’s very much appreciated. But it doesn’t cover all bases:

See, half of the time I don’t have Blender open. Even less, the “Video Editing” workspace. Most importantly, though: I tend to look for files in my OS file manager as opposed to Blender’s Open dialog. For those scenarios, I don’t want to: locate video, start or activate Blender, activate “Video Editing”, drag and drop the file … it’s too slow … ideally I wish to “Open with” and keep searching for other clips to bring in.

Functional logic for “Open [as video strip] in Blender VSE” might look something like this:

Target running instance of Blender (start a new if none exist; 
Activate "Video Editing" workspace;
Append video last on Channel 1.

Just curious if anyone’s seen something to this effect out there, or if it sounds technically possible at all? (Win 11)