Final render

Video

Other angle

Various viewport views

Blocking out and iterations

April 2024 - More links

11 Likes

HA! Brilliant!

Ehehe thank you :hugs: Do you have your share of explosions under your belt on KSP at all?

1 Like

KSP seems widely regarded as having the most realistic physics engine among space sims, however my simming (is that a word?) tends to be cities and airplanes. Something about the cuteness of Kerbals is difficult for me to overlook. :nauseated_face:

1 Like

Very cute! Great work! :smiley:

Can you describe the lighting + materials (+ compositor-treatment?) you used for the explosion?

Too much of a distractor indeed, especially because of their language that always reminds me of their cousins the Minions… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Thank you so much @shannonz. What I did is model a spiky shape and give it some cloud displacement, add a volumetric scatter shader (screenshot below) and put a big and powerful orange light behind it :hugs:

Thank you for asking, and thanks again for your comment!

1 Like

Brilliant! :smiley:
Here I was expecting a 20-node rats’ nest material, and you’ve done it in just 4 nodes, completely straightforward! Thank you for teaching me!! :smiley:

(Also needs a Glare node (fog glow) in the compositor, to get the red glow around the explosion. :slight_smile: )

2 Likes

Ahhh forgot about the part in the compositor, and you’re totally right, this is what I added:

Amazing job, and thank you for asking me to lend a hand, it’s so satisfying to be able to help around! Thank you!!! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

2 Likes

Thanks! I’ll have to try the Lens_Distortion node next time… :smiley:

I’m clueless in the Compositor, so thanks for all your help. :smiley:

1 Like

Have fun and enjoy, there is so much there! Looking forward to seeing the results :star_struck:

1 Like

All I do in KSP are explosions XD
Great artwork!

1 Like

Ahahaha this made me laugh a lot :joy:
Thank you so much, and I could have asked you for a background planet to add :hugs: fantastic works you have on your page!

1 Like

Thanks!
Your consistency with Blender52 is something I admire, I’d probably follow along if I had a sense of time XD

1 Like

I would say I wish I had a sense of time myself :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thank you for your kindest words, Luis! :hugs:

1 Like