Is there a way to make the video start from dark, like the way most movies start. There is a blank video and little by little you see more and more, I know that I can make all the emission materials gradually become brighter and brighter but that’s a lot of work, is there a way to tweak the camera settings in that way?
There are a few ways:
- Properties panel > Tab: Render > Color Management > Exposure
- If you are working in the VSE: Select Strip > Modifier > Color balance > Gain
- If you are working in the compositor: Add > Color > ColorBalance > set to ASC-CDL > Adjust slope
- If you would like to adjust your materials in one go its possible with the global shader which is included in the EV Express addon. To see what you can do with the global shader: Check this video Downside of this method is that you are stuck with the shader. (for now).
- You could also adjust the strength of lights.
- Or compositor > color mix node > set on multiply > choose (nearly?) black color.
There are more ways but depends what your workflow is. Maybe an idea is also to adjust the temperature of the light. So it goes from cool to warmer.
I don’t know what is the best way to get that effect. Maybe others can advice.
Dude thanks alot, not only did you help me but you also teached me a lot of stuff.