Villa in Goa, India

Hi Everyone,

our team at edelVIZ has created this exterior image of a Villa in Goa, India. We created the environment from scratch and modeled the house according to the architectural drawings.

Foundry Modo for modelling of the house, Blender 3.64 LTS +Cycles+Flamenco for everything else, Blenderkit, 3D Shaker and Botanique assets, Geoscatter, Nuke for post processing.

Hope you like our work and looking for any feedback you might have!

Cheers,
Jonathan

14 Likes

So beautiful work :heart_eyes:

1 Like

This is absolutely wonderful! Good job to the team!! :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you so much for your kind feedback. Great that you like it!

Thanks @LMalachi - will pass on your feedback to the team!

1 Like

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thanks @bartv !

1 Like

Wanted to share a few screenshots of the overall setup - maybe this is of interest to someone:

We only created a triangular basemesh for the environment along the field of view of the camera.
The pool was added later since the client asked for a 2nd image.

Under the grass I placed voronoi noise with a color ramp and distorted it with a noise texture - just to make sure that any patches that are not perfectly covered by the instanced grass do not pop out

the overall scattering was pretty simple

We used the free @3Dshaker Grass Biome for the meadow. With a tiny amount of sculpting of the basemesh it looks much better an gives the whole setup more depth. Overall a great asset!

In order to art direct the shadow, we used some gigantic (placed out of camera) fantail palms:

Between the shadows of the leaves we get these nice streaks of light. And at the same time the shape is much more organic then any other light blocking geometry

3 Likes

I have posted the daylight shot of the same project, which the client requested after the night shot was already finished and for which we had to add the pool over here.