Villa Link

Hi Guys!
I would like to share a new set of images from the recent project.

One camera position and four lighting scenarios.

Please, excuse our sheep that is missing in the last shot, but she was really tired after all day long shooting.

Design of the building : Jan-André Meyer architekten
Software: Blender + Octane renderer

The model of the beautiful sheep I used is from SuperbCG and you can buy it here :
https://www.artstation.com/superbcg

www.janmorek.com

41 Likes

Beautiful :+1:

I’m curious how these would look rendered with Cycles.

3 Likes

Really nice!
Are there any significant advantages to using Octane instead of Cycles?

Hi, Thank you for asking,
long story short - I consider outcomes more realistic than cycles.
I also made this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CArFoYK3qls about speed comparison between cycles and Octane.

4 Likes

Your comment made me think it was eevee :hushed: :rofl:

Is there a way to transfer congruent parameters’ settings from octane to cycles and back?

otherwise it would be painstaking to redo every material by hand

Hi KAUSTIK, I think you should ask janmorek this question, I don’t use Octane

I was asking everyone who might read it ^^

It was just adjacent to my reply so I didn’t make another one

1 Like

It can be painstaking to redo every material by hand, but it is worth it sometimes.
And there are already models and scenes ready for Octane - https://www.3dshaker.com/octane
As I am working with it for a few years now I have a library of models prepared for Octane - mainly greenery.

1 Like

This is something I would not be doing at the moment I am working on a new project in Octane :slight_smile: I am trying what can and cannot be done. I am preparing renders inspired by real-life photos.

Yeah I was just curious.
Be interesting to see what you come up with in regards to Octane. :smiley:

I’m waiting for them to incorporate Spectral Ray Tracing in Cycles, I think someone is working on that.

I featured you on BlenderNation, have a great weekend!

1 Like

Thank you very much!
I appreciate it :two_hearts:

1 Like

That is really awesome. I saw it at the office with colleagues and they want believe it was actual render.
Congratulation…

1 Like

Hello!
Awesome things!

Been coming across your work and your contributions to the arhviz in blender for a long time now and then. And I want to say that when I started doing this in 2018, Oak Pass was giving me the knowledge and experience then. As I reflect on my journey, I realize that I have learned a lot from your work by encountering it over the years. Moreover, I can even say specifically that your works set the bar for me to be guided by, the view in the work, the things to pay attention to. Realism as you achieve it, nuances and details. This is probably true in many ways because it conveys my nature as a person and an artist, but that’s how it happened!)
It’s surprising to realize this now.

You are a great artist! Thank you for your stuff.

thank you and also your colleagues :slight_smile: it is very kind of you. My wife loves clay renders because it is proof that renders are not a photo :slight_smile:

I am speechless, thank you very much for such kind words.
It gives me a very good feeling that some of my works helped you.
Thank you Ilja

1 Like

Congratulations, this work has been nominated for the ‘Best of Blender Artists 2022’ award in the #exteriorarchitecture category! You can vote for it here.