Virus total shows Blender 3.6.5 is detected by Trapmine?

Usually Blender is perfectly green so I wonder should I care? What’s Trampine? Can it be reliable detection?

Where did you download your Blender?

Always use its official website which is https://www.blender.org/download/

I downloaded it from exactly there

That’s interesting. You may as well download it from Steam (it’s available in there) and check if that fixes the problem.

Steam doesn’t let you download an msi or exe. It just installs it right away. So not so easy to figure out if it’s infected or not beforehand.

All I can say is that I’ve been downloading Blender from its official website many times and I never dealt with problems like that, though my antivirus is Avast, not the Virus total.

Virus total is a site that tests files by many anti-virus softs. I assume it might be some obscure antivirus that detected it and false detection at all . It’s just the first time I see it being detected.

Perhaps some false alarm? I just downloaded 3.6.5 and checked it with Avast and didn’t get anything wrong.

1 Like

Thanks Sergey

1 Like

No problem, that’s fine.

This is an incorrect virus detection. (Enhanced security)

If this is inconvenient, download and use the .zip file.

The file (.msi windows installer) passed my foil hat paranoid stuff from download through install. My opinion is it’s OK and the detection was a false positive from heuristics/behavioral tests since that is what Trapmine does. It is a machine learning system that looks for techniques used rather than more specific signatures.

Maybe your installator was infeceted. Did you compared sha?

1 Like

Nope. How can I do it? Have no idea whats sha is actually.

ps Whatever sha256 is I found my total commander can calculate it and it matches one posted on the Blender site.