Vists+Blender

What the hell are you talking about? OSX kernel is built on top of the BSD kernel and Unix (heavily modified), it has nothing to do with Linux.

Why all games run on Windows ? Why all professional game engines runs on Windows ? Why all professional animation programs run on Windows ?

No, they do it because more people use windows and more people use windows because it comes on their computers and they don’t know there is anything else.

Cause Windows it is stable and only need 1 -2 maximum library to program something where Linux is a junk without drivers.

Do you know how to program? And the driver thing is the same as above, the hardware manufactures don’t make drivers because not as many people use it and they don’t release the specification so people can make their own drivers.

Yes Blender works perfect on Vista and dosen`t hvee the bugs that pop all day on linux like err “segment fault” for nothing or any other “s*it”
Do you even know what a segmentation fault is?

Flames are fun and besides his question was already answered…

Realistically I think each OS has its own issues.

Window’s biggest fault is that it tends to be a resource hog by default. (though any experienced Window’s user knows how to optimize it. For example, Vista on my computer sits at 128 MB of ram usage in idle. And that is with all the fancies turned on.) And really viruses are not an issue for any reasonably skilled computer user. Windows is the obvious choice for overall flexibility. (ie. 3d, gaming, word processing, etc.)

Linux has too many distributions resulting in new user confusion. And poor consistency across applications within each distributions. (Though with time and patience Linux can be fairly user friendly and flexible choice.) Unfortunately Linux based operating systems have little to know marketing ability. With a few exceptions of course. Linux is a great choice for those looking for a free option.

OSX is good by design, but is restricted to specific hardware platforms and Apple drivers notoriously have issues. (especially video) OSX is my favorite OS. Many of the OSX targeted applications take advantage of all the UI enhancements utilized in the core. Making for software that follow the same design principle and great consistency. This makes it easier for users to work with new software. Since the same principles will apply. Unfortunately its my last choice. Any OS that is completely legally bound to specific hardware is unfortunately unacceptable in my book.

And Blender will function perfectly fine on each OS. I’d be more concerned with your hardware choices. If you are purchasing a new computer make sure to have a good video card, lotst of ram and as much processing power as you can muster within your price range.

Right click(on Blender.exe.) => Properties => Compatibility tab => Run in compatibility mode for Win XP.

I don’t have vista, but that’s how you run XP in compatibility mode for 98/95/Win ME etc.

You are correct.

ok.
this thread was about if Blender runs on Vista. not about other operating systems.
question got answered, so i think we dont need to drag this longer.

.b