Vituri: Forget this thread :P

Hello all. :slight_smile:

I am making a new thread for Vituri… The reason being that I completely discarded my last idea and started a new one. I am using SolarLune’s 2D sprites module script.

Well… here it is. :stuck_out_tongue: Everything for the character is nearly done (except maybe some more work on the HUD and a death animation for the character.)

The story will be about a creature escaping a laboratory and having to run away and stuff (I’ll probably add more to the story later.)

I’ve already got an enemy! :smiley:

https://youtu.be/YKma4CtEl0Q

Tell me what you think…

Good to see. It looks alright so far. I think the main character could use some more stylizing, as he’s pretty flat so far. Add something to make him stand out.

How’s this? If you can’t see it, it’s just a bunch of lighter yellow freckles I added to his body… I think it helps… I don’t really want to put any thing else on him though. :slight_smile:

I see the details - they add a bit, I think.

Haha, that character’s funny—he reminds me of something from Yellow Submarine, the Beatles movie. :eyebrowlift: Maybe he is kind of flat; you might add some 3D shading, but that’s up to you, depending on what style you’re going for.

@SolarLune, I’m not gonna lie, pixel art is pretty difficult and I stink at it. lol :stuck_out_tongue: But maybe that will change someday…

@Lakitu, haha thanks. :slight_smile: I don’t think I’ve ever seen that. :stuck_out_tongue:

Here is an update… There are sound effects and background music (all made with SunVox and edited with Audacity) but they didn’t get recorded. :stuck_out_tongue:

This is the first stage, it’s supposed to be a laboratory that you escape from, but as you can see there aren’t many props for it. :stuck_out_tongue: And the background is kind of lame… Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :smiley:

And most of the pixel art you see here is a placeholder until I can draw better versions of the item. :stuck_out_tongue:

So… tell me what you think! :smiley:

this is looking very good I really liked it, congratulations!

Yeah, it’s turning out pretty good. I would recommend changing the white part of the ground to a darker grey - it looks like spikes to me.

You’ve got some nice ideas so far! If it’s a laboratory, sci-fi greebles are always nice for a background. I’m sure you will find lots of inspiration if you google sci-fi wall panels, greebles, etc.

PS did you record with QuickTime player on a Mac? That’s what I use, and it always gets the sound.

@Leonnn, SolarLune, Lakitu - Thank you! :smiley:

and yes, yes I did. Maybe I need to change a setting somewhere… :stuck_out_tongue:

This is a verry impressive project. I am particularly impressed with the gameplay design.
Keep it up!

@Laird O’Lynch, Thanks! :smiley:

Update

Improved many things, including most of the pixel art. Added lives. Added Coin item (one per stage) and Extra life item. Changed enemy design. Added tons of sound effects (all made with SunVox and Audacity) unfortunately they didn’t get recorded. :frowning: (I think it might be a computer problem.) :stuck_out_tongue: Added lots and lots of wooden crates. :smiley:

bump heh, sorry. :stuck_out_tongue: This was kinda pushed down.

I think you should change your color palette, the colors aren’t very pleasing on the eye.

@Laxwolf, could you please explain to me what I could do to make it more “pleasing on the eye”? (me = bad with colors.) :stuck_out_tongue:

The player character kind of blends into the yellow wall background, and the crates are a bit flat.

Possibly more saturated, closer to the color of origin, brighter, not sure.

I think you should choose a completely different background color for the stage, the greenish color youre using doesnt really give off a “laboratory” feel. To me it actually makes it feel like hes escaping a bathroom or something :stuck_out_tongue: Maybe try out a some blues? Other than that looks like its shaping up well, keep it up!